Tuesday, September 19, 2006

GIVE ME THAT CELL PHONE SINCE YOU'RE TOO IRRESPONSIBLE TO HAVE ONE

You know, most cell phones are anywhere from free to $300. However, most cell phone services are not. The problem starts when we in this country decided that everyone who owns a cell phone should have as many free 911 calls as they want. Great idea, right? Help is three digits away, in an emergency. Of course the politicians who thought that up never consulted anyone about it, so we had the problem of finding cell phone callers. That's cost evetyone hundreds of millions of dollars and it's still not finished. Now couple that with the fact that most parents ain this country are too busy finding sources of more money, more food, bigger cars, where they can buy cocaine, or what TV show to watch to watch over their children. "Here take my cell phone and play with that while I persue whatever selfish end I want" Thus...THE 911 CHILDREN PLAYING ON THE PHONE CALL. Ladies and gentlemen, and I use those terms very loosely, we are not your babysitters. We answer 911, not to hear your your cretin children sling epithets at us, but hopefully to help someone in need. I hope it's not one of you who can't get assitance because another person's rotten child is locking up the 911 lines.

5 Comments:

Blogger John Bailey said...

Another surprise to parents - even a cellphone with disconnected service can call 911. I've dealt with 2 sets of kids playing with a "dead" cellphone recently.
It was kind of funny, though, because I called the phone back and got a parent, explained the 911 cellphone thing and received an assurance that the child in question would soon be relieved of the cellphone.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

OH how many times have I said this to a child/baby/idiot, "Get your mommy, hello, come on, put mommy on the phone. Mommy, get your mommy!" Recently I got so frustrated with one snotty child that crank called me over TEN TIMES from an unasigned cell that I told her I was going to have the police send her to "Kiddie Jail." Hmmm, perhaps that was not wise...Or maybe it was brilliant since she finally stopped calling me....

3:24 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

You both are so right. I've tried being nice to kids and parents and the only thing that seems to work ultimately is some kind of threat, even if it might be an empty one. In the course of lecturing a kid I told one the other night that tieing up a 911 line could get his mommy or daddy hurt and that meant nothing to him. He was having too much fun calling the calltakers nasty names. Now where do you think he learned that?

6:49 PM  
Blogger HotRodHanna said...

How about irresponsible adults too? I can't count the number of times I've called a cell phone back just to tell them to LOCK YOUR KEYPAD!!#@%@ After a dozen 911 calls with just an open line of someone singing in the car, my nerves get a little tweeked. We have other calls to answer!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you, thank you. Ass dialers are almost as bad as kids.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise treadmill