Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The New Iraq Plan

I was surfing blogs tonight after watching President Bush's address tonight on TV, and ran across Cpl M's post on "A Soldier's Perspective" where he was writing about a pre-address confrence call to bloggers with Tony Snow, White House Press Secretary and Brett McGurk, with the National Security Council:

http://www.soldiersperspective.us/2007/01/10/the-way-forward-in-iraq-a-bloggers-conference-call/#comments

I felt compelled to post the following on ASP's comments section:

KUDOS Cpl M on your invitation and ASP's acknowledgement by the White House. I watched the President's address tonight and I must say I was very impressed. One of the most impressive things he said was that the failures and mistakes in Iraq are his responsibility. When was the last time you heard a politician take responsibility for anything?

Second, the plan itself sounds close to several others I've heard on MilBlogs over the last year or so. I'm glad if the White House has come to the conclusions that were reached by men who had boots on the ground.

Third, the plan could be effective if he and all the politicians keep their noses out of it as he promised tonight.

My loyalty can never be to any temporary occupant of the White House. My loyalty lies with the men and women who are there, and all around the world making it possible for me to be typing these comments and posting on a blog. They are the ones who are getting the job done in Iraq, Afghanistan or anywhere they're needed.

If this plan succeeds, everyone will be taking credit for it all over the front pages of every paper and on every TV and radio news and talk show. I hope America can finally realize who deserves the credit. The American soldier.

My prayers tonight and all nights are with the men and women in Iraq who must make this work.


2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

Good comment PJ, especially on loalty

6:50 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

oops I guess that loyalty. I knew it didnt look right but couldnt figure it out :)

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise treadmill