Thursday, October 12, 2006

Big Cookie Push

Last Big Push For Cookies
October 12th, 2006 by CJ
Friends, family and other assorted weird people who visit this site, greetings from a fellow weirdo. I’m going to send Anissa out this weekend (pray for sunny skies and no rain) to finalize her cookie effort. She’s raised enough money to purchase 486 boxes of Girl Scout cookies to send overseas. EVERY Marine unit and individual soldier I’ve gotten addresses for will be sent cookies. I’m not sure where she is in relation to her 750 goal because Emily is tracking ALL her other sales, but I think it’s over 610 total. I’ll ask her later when we’re both home.

Here’s the deal, I need your help to continue spreading the word. I went to a school board meeting two nights ago to give my opinions about issues related to school uniforms, safety, and classroom walls (our elementary school only has 6 foot walls dividing classrooms if you can believe that). Anyway, the commander got up and spoke about Soldiers deployed from the local post from all services. Afterwards, we talked about what Anissa was doing here and he asked if there any left over to send to the guys from here. I told him not really, “but there could be.” I told him I’m ask for more help.

I know most people here have already donated cookies, so I’m not targetting you for help. Please spread the word and let your families, friends, businesses, associates, whomever know about this. Please post an update on your blogs on last time for help. The servicemembers who leave from here are mostly Public Affairs and don’t belong to huge units. All cookies donated past the 500 cookie mark (500 are going to Marines) will be sent directly to the soldiers putting themselves in harm’s way to get out the military story (or spread propoganda as Code Pink would put it). Army Community Services is going to provide me with a list of names and addresses. I’m only going to keep this open until 22 Oct then I’m going to declare success and remove the link.

Thanks again for all your help.

THESE ARE GOING TO MARINE CAV. UNITS AND OTHERS IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN. THERE'S A DONATION BUTTON ON CJ'S BLOG SITE TO DONATE THROUGH PAYPAL. THIS IS THE LAST BIG PUSH FOR THIS PROJECT SO DON'T BE LEFT OUT. THANKS.

WEB SITE FOR DONATIONS IS: http://soldiersperspective.us/

AS USUAL THE LINK EMBEDDING IS DEAD ON BLOGGER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise treadmill