Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cardiac Bypass Surgery

I found this on UTube today and I was somewhat shocked to view what I had done to me (seven of these bypasses) seven years ago. I don't think I ever really completely understood this surgery even though I had it done. Th ought I would share it with you. Deep depression sometimes follows this surgery, especially for men. That has happened to me, and it has spiralled out of control for all these seven years on and off. I'm taking anti-depressants, but they don't seem to help much. I can't bring myself to discuss this with an expert, and my wife is sick of hearing about it and sick of experiencing it. I have hope, but it's a tough row to hoe. I really don't know if I would go through this again, if this is the outcome. My heart is fairly healthy, and I'm alive, but not alive in a way. I hope you never have to go through this surgery, and that you never have to go through the depression I'm dealing with for so long.

PS: Sorry about the Hungarian language inserts in the video, but this was the only video I found that was complete.


2 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

I hope you find your life again.

9:01 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Thanks, Rebekah. As I said, I have hope, and I'm working on it.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise treadmill