Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Let's Help Out!!

A blogger friend of mine and a fine US soldier, passed this on to me, so I'm letting all of you know what kind of help is need. Do what you can, please. Thanks, CJ.

A friend of mine (a Sergeant Major) sent this to my email and I asked him if I could pass it along so others are aware. I'm not sure if the formatting will work, so everything after this sentence is directly from Craig.

Dear family and friends, As you know I have been in the Army now for 22 years. It is a mission and a passion that I believe in and will continue to support for as long as I can. You also are aware that I am a devote runner. Well....I have a confession. I have not been running like I used to. I still consider myself a runner...but am not logging the miles that I once did when I was younger. In an effort to get back on track again I signed up to run the Marine Corps Marathon with the Armed Forces Foundation. The Foundation supports Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, retirees and their families. Specifically, the Foundation provides accommodations to families who are traveling to the MDW area to be with their wounded family member (whether they are hospitalized at Bethesda or Walter Reed). They also have done great work on providing remodeling to make homes wheel chair and handicap accessible. This is where you come in....in my effort to get myself back into fighting shape as a runner....I want to help by giving back to the Foundation who has helped hundreds of military service members from all branches. Please consider making a donation (which is tax deductible)....to do so, visit http://www.armedforcesfoundation.org/run/. On the right side you will see a list of other runners. Scroll down until you see my name (listed as Glover, C. Craig ), highlight it and click submit. You will be taken to my site to make your donation. There is a little link that says sponsor C. Craig now that will be your guide. The Armed Forces Foundation does great work. I want them to be able to continue providing the servies that they do to our military members and their families. Help me to make that happen. To view more about the Armed Forces Foundation mission and on going projects, go to The Armed Forces Foundation. Thank you for your support, Craig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise treadmill