Sunday, September 02, 2007

Please Read and ACT!!!

A message from my blogger/soldier friend CJ came in today that I hope you will read and act on. Thanks.


I know I've been a pain in the butt lately with all these emails, but I just learned something that really depresses me. SGT Samantha Bates is a squad leader and lost one of her Soldiers, Josh Rechenmacher. I profiled him on They Have Names. I was talking to her tonight and asked her if she was getting enough mail. She told me "I don't get mail." As an NCO, I know that we care more about making sure our troops are taking care of and forget about ourselves. We're so focused on other things that we don't think about number one. It's a good trait, but can be very damaging.

I'm writing to ask you for help in sending some letters, cards, care packages, WHATEVER. Samantha LOVES country music. If the only thing you can do is write a letter, please do so. You don't have to send huge boxes or extravagant gifts. Just let her know that America cares about her personally. We've sent things to her platoon in the past, but nothing specifically for her. If you'd like to send her some support, here is her address:

SGT Samantha Bates
Unit #43208
HSC DSTB 1CD
APO AE 09344

Please feel free to pass this along to your TRUSTED friends and family. And thank you in advance. I can't stand to see a Soldier go unsupported.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise treadmill