Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Some Observations

Have you folks who may be past 50 noticed that your breath gets stinky when you get older? I quit smoking about 7 years ago (after 7 bypasses) and now I have bad breath. I never did when I smoked.

Since I'm pushing 60 beans don't seem to make me fart anymore....or any less.

Ever since I started using my blog to further the cause of troops in the field, I seldom get comments on my posts. I changed my path when I was getting too bogged down in the daily dispatcher grind. I guess bitching attracts comments.

Turkey isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Ham is better than turkey, and duck is better than ham.

Why can't my wife and I make biscuits? We've tried almost every recipe and they still end up as hockey pucks. We make dandy scones.

Is it a rule that when you get older tea tastes better than coffee?

No matter where I turn, I can't find a completely honest politician. Are they living?

Why does there have to be a daylight savings time? This is no longer an agrarian society, so what's the excuse for this?

Does the red dot thingie in a turkey ever work?

Most young people piss me off.

Why would anyone ever eat chittlins when they don't have to?

When will we stop sending young strong men and women to die in wars started by old washed up politicians?

Feel free to comment or list your own observations.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Supporting the troops is fantastic but isn't all that controversial. This is a good thing; it just doesnt generate near the comments that saying something outrageous might. Which doesn't mean you should change.

Scones are a waste of donut material.

Daylight Savings? Hello. I live in Alaska. An hour either way isn't going to help or hurt, it just screws us up.

I'm not sure a completely honest politician would be elected. Folks don't want to hear bad news. And there is a lot of bad news, folks.

I think it's the job of the young to piss the old off. It's the job of the old to smirk and know that when they were young they didn't know crap about crap either.

Have you seen the movie "Why We Fight?" It's worth a look.

11:01 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Eric, first thanks for your comments, which as usual are delightful. I can't agree with your scones comment. Must be the Scotch/Irish in me.

You're probably right about the honest politician. Too bad.

If it's the job of the young to piss off us oldies they're doing a good job on me.

Haven't seen the movie you're talking about. Can you direct to something online about it?

I noticed you diplomatically avoided expressing opinions about my bodily functions. You're a class act, Eric.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

"Why We Fight" is a documentary, fairly new, you can find it at your local video rental outfit. The cover is black with white lettering and a picture of Dwight Eisenhower on television giving his farewell speech from the oval office. His speech features prominently in the whole movie.

There's a retired NYPD cop in there who steals the show (although what he says, over the course of the entire movie, will break your heart.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

exercise treadmill